laptop ssd Using SSDs and often stuck machines? A few tricks to solve the SSD card machineadmin
laptop ssd Using SSDs and often stuck machines? A few tricks to solve the SSD card machine
hard disk wholesaleSSD OEMlaptop ssd[ PConline trick] SSD card machines are not uncommonlaptop ssd, you can often see similar articles on the Internet. The reasons are none other than the following: 4K misalignment, incorrect sockets, incorrect hardware mode, and so on. There is also a part of the reasonlaptop ssd, which is related to the settings of the operating system itself. Not long ago, the author got an i5-4590 old machine, I wanted to put it at home to make a backup machine, but I did not expect that the system was just installed and encountered similar problems. By the way, the question about the SSD card machine has been sorted out, hoping to help the small partners who have the same experience.
the processor of this computer is i5-4590, 16G memory, ASUS B85-PLUS R2.0 motherboard, equipped with a Toshiba TR200 256GB SSD as the system disk, and a Toshiba 500GB HDD as a storage disk. Although the configuration of the hardware is not very new, it is more than enough for daily use. The software side of the choice is Win10 1903 Professional Workstation Edition, daily use is not bad, that is, in some large-scale replication, you can clearly feel the system card by card.
performance impact: ●●●●●●●
This is the first place to check, many small partners have planted on this problem. At present, the vast majority of motherboards will contain SATA2, SATA3 two interfaces, due to the same shape, the small partners who are not deeply involved in the world tend to ignore this problem, easy to mix. The theoretical rate of SATA2 is 3Gbps, and the theoretical rate of SATA3 is 6Gbps, which can be seen that the theoretical value alone is already half the difference.
In general, we can distinguish between two interfaces by the text on the motherboard, marked SATA3 or SATA 6Gb is a 3.0 interface, labeled SATA2 or SATA 3Gb is a 2.0 interface. Although manufacturers also use color differentiation, but the standards of each company are different, it is not recommended here. In addition, you can also use software such as BIOS or CrystalDiskInfo to check whether the hard disk is already working at normal speed.
in addition, the data cable should also pay attention to it, and it must be ensured that the motherboard, hard disk, and cable are unified.
performance impact: ●●●●●○
the next thing to check is the actual working mode of the SSD, AHCI is the most easily ignored place, once the performance of the SSD is turned off will drop a lot. AHCI needs to open the BIOS settings, usually appear in the SATA settings, after clicking on here there will be “IDE” and “AHCI” two sets of choices, select “AHCI” can be.
need to say that this switch is best turned on before installing the system, if installed and then turned on, it will cause the system to start a blue screen. Of course, if you encounter it, there is a solution, which can be done through the registry. However, this is no longer the focus of this article, let’s do it ourselves.
performance impact: ●●●●○○
4K misalignment will also lead to abnormal hard disk efficiency, characterized by stuttering from time to time during daily work. 4K alignment is a concept in hard disk partitioning, by checking “Align partitions to an integer multiple of this number of sectors” during the partitioning process, 4K alignment can be achieved.
in fact, 4K misalignment is still relatively rare at present, because when you buy a new hard disk, you can automatically achieve alignment through Win10 partition. Generally speaking, this situation occurs when the computer city is assembled or the hard disk is used for a long time, and then it needs to be repartitioned. To check whether a hard disk is aligned, you can use the artifact AS SSD Benchmark, if the red box shows “4K aligned” means that the hard disk has been successfully aligned, if it shows “BAD”, it means that the hard disk is not aligned.
here, the easiest way to re-align an unaligned hard disk is to back up the data and repartition. Of course, there are also tutorials on the Internet that can use some third-party software to align without loss, but to be honest, in terms of efficiency and stability, it is far less realistic than direct partitioning! I don’t recommend it here.
performance impact: ●●●○○○<
p data-pid=”riSZA3ti” > Although AHCI mode is turned on, it does not mean that your SSD will necessarily work optimally. There is a very important factor in this, that is, whether the AHCI driver matches. Like other hardware drivers, AHCI is part of Microsoft’s built-in driver library. When your computer does not have a manufacturer-specific AHCI driver installed, Win10 will automatically call the driver library and configure the hard disk with the standard version of the AHCI driver.
to determine whether the computer is currently using a dedicated driver or a built-in driver, you can view it by right-clicking “This Computer” → “Manage” → “Device Manager” → “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller”, if it is displayed “Standard SATA AHCI Controller”, it means that the Win10 built-in driver is being used. At this time, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and directly download the corresponding AHCI driver.
performance effect: ●●●●●●●●<
p data-pid=”fzzLekWX” > LPM is short for Link Power Management, which is a SATA power saving mode that divides the link state between the host and the storage device into the following three types: Active (active), Partial (shallow energy saving), and Slumber (deep energy saving). Usually, the LPM energy-saving mode of SSD can be divided into two types, namely HIPM initiated by the host and DIMM initiated by the hard disk.
we are also facing trouble here, due to the SSDs of different manufacturers, the energy-saving support for LPM is not the same. For example, the TR200 on my computer only supports DIMMM and does not support HIPM. Since the operating system and the hard disk use two completely different energy-saving modes, problems are bound to occur. To check the LPM mode supported by the hard disk, in addition to going to the manufacturer’s website to check it yourself, you can also use the software TxBench. However, here is only a mode display, the actual settings still need to enter the Win10 to carry out:
1) Enter “regedit” in the search bar to open the registry editor in administrator mode;
2) Paste the following two addresses into the address bar of the registry, and modify the “Attributes” to “0” respectively;
3) without rebooting, open the “Settings” → “System” → “Power and Sleep” → “Other Power Settings” → “Change Schedule Settings”, then you will see that there are several hidden options in the original hard disk settings that were not available before;
4) The specific settings are also simple, modifying “AHCI Link Power Management – HIPM/DIPM” from “HIPM” not supported by TR200 to “DIPM”, and then modifying “AHCI Link Power Management – Adaptive” to “0” (that is, completely prohibiting deep energy savings) and restarting the computer. The caton problem is easily solved;
note: Here are several options in the panel, the first “AHCI Link Power Management – HIPM/DIPM” is the mode option of LPM, where “Active” = disable LPM, “HIPM” = enable HIPM, “DIPM” = enable “DIPM”, and the third “AHCI Link Power Management – Adaptive” is the conversion time of LPM from Partial to Slumber, where “0” means that no conversion is carried out (that is, only shallow energy saving is used, and deep energy saving is completely prohibited)
performance impact: ●●●●○○
most modern motherboards will provide a hot-swap option in the BIOS. Although there are few small partners in reality so “zuo”, this hot plug has a special role – automatically turn off LPM.
layman’s terms, if your motherboard supports hot plugs, and you don’t want to enter a large string of codes according to the previous one, then the simplest way is to enter the BIOS to directly open the “Hot Plug” of the corresponding interface of the hard disk, and then turn off the “active LPM support”. When turned on, the system will automatically turn off the LPM energy saving settings of the current hard drive. If your hard disk lag is indeed caused by LPM, it is equivalent to solving the hard disk lag problem in disguise through “hot plug”.
performance impact: ●●●●○○
Finally, let’s talk about Win10, to be honest, this system incorporates a lot of new designs, and the support for some new hardware technologies such as SSDs is also more perfect. But there is one, that is, the overall efficiency is significantly lower than Win7 or Win8, and many times the caton does not come from the hard disk, but from Win10 itself. There are many optimization tutorials on the Internet, and here are only a few items that I think are the most immediate and have the least impact on the system. Whether to adopt it or not, everyone will decide for themselves.
1) Enter “services” in the search bar to open the Services panel. Locate and disable the following services, Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, Diagnostic Execution Service, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, And Diagnostic System Host. In addition, “SysMain” is the previous Windows Superfetch, personally feel that the effect on the SSD is not large, do not want to disable can be changed to “manual start”. “Windows Search” is associated with many new features in Win10, and it has little impact on SSDs, and it is not recommended to turn them off;
2) Right-click the “This PC” → “Properties” → “Advanced System Settings” → “Advanced” → “Performance”, tap the “Customize” option under “Visual Effects” to turn off the “Animation Controls and Elements in Window”, “Fade Out Menu After Clicking”, “Fade In or Slide Menu to View” switches. These options are mainly responsible for wallpaper switching transitions, tile flipping effects, menu view transitions, etc., all of which are some small tasks. It’s like the high special effects and low special effects in the game, the low matching machine is not recommended, it will obviously slow down the display speed of the window, and the local luxury machine is arbitrary, you can feel the coolness of Win10;
3) Click on the “Settings” → “Update & Security” → “Windows Insider Program” to exit the Windows Insider program. Although It is true that Win10 is slower than the next, each official version is much faster than the preview version. If you’re not an avid follower of the new features, there really isn’t much point in joining the Insider program;
4) Right-click the blank space in the taskbar and select “Task Manager”, switch to the “Startup” tab, and disable all unnecessary self-starting programs. Here to say, Win10’s own efficiency mechanism has been very perfect, although there are still many people like to use third-party software to optimize the Win10 system, but really feel that the effect is not big, this… It depends on everyone’s own needs;
5) Click on “Settings” → “System” → “Power and Sleep” → “Other Power Settings”, press “Select Functions of the Power Button” → “Change Currently Unavailable Settings”, and remove the checkbox in front of “Enable Fast Startup”. This problem I have not encountered, but there are always netizens on the Internet who reflect that the system startup time is extended after opening, and it is estimated that it should be a hardware compatibility problem. In short, if you have a problem, you can try it yourself, and it doesn’t matter if you don’t have it;
in addition, the quality of the SSD itself is also a factor that causes the system to stutter. To put it bluntly, the motherboard, system, and hard disk must match each other. Try following the steps above, you can basically solve the problem of irregular stuttering in the vast majority of SSDs. By the way, my computer is because the LPM settings are not set correctly, if there is a small partner also used Toshiba TR200 (this is not much to say, are tears, mainly caused by qiong … ), you can refer to this article to try it out, hoping to solve your problem. hard disk wholesaleSSD OEMlaptop ssd